ACT Rental Line (323) 882-8043
* Actors Circle Theatre (ACT) is primarily a school. We rent the theatre to outside productions Thursday through Sunday only. Monday through Wednesday the set needs to be completely cleared for classes. Storage space may rented at a negotiated price.
* We do not rent our theatre out for workshops, classes, or to production companies for location shoots and/or holdings. We rent our theatre out to other theatre companies who wish to produce plays on our stage.
* ACT is a 47-seat theatre. The stage is 24' x 15'. Located in our theatre is an upstairs dressing area, an actors bathroom, and a guest bathroom. Please call to make an appointment if you wish to see the space.
* You must obtain your own insurance policy as we do not rent out our space without proof of insurance. Only cashier's checks and money orders are acceptable forms of payment for deposits and rental payments.
* Deposits required are as follows:
$500 deposit to cover any damages and secure the space
$100 deposit for cleaning
* Both deposits will be returned at the end of the run if the contract is completely honored.
* You may receive the keys to the theatre when we receive your insurance certificate, the contract is signed, and all payments have been made (including deposits and rental payments).
* The run of the show must be paid in full no later than one week prior to the opening.
* You are allowed one free tech day (w/ 4 hr pd rehearsal min). Rehearsal times are part of the contract and must be set and paid for when the contract is signed.
* Rehearsal fee is $20.00 per hour.
* Trash must be disposed of outside of the theatre in the trash bins located in the alley behind the theatre. Absolutely no food is to be left in the theatre at any time other than what is used in the show, and every night upon completion of performance all food must be taken out of the theatre.
* Rental prices are as follows:
$250 for the first night, $150 each additional night.
1 night = $250
2 nights = $400
3 nights = $550
4 nights = $700
* You are allowed to use the front window of the lobby to hang posters & advertising, but you do not have access to the marquee. Additionally, the lobby is available for you but you do not have access to the office. You must have your own reservation line, and cannot use the ACT rental line for your production.
* All set designs must be cleared with Arthur Mendoza before construction of your set begins. Your set must be able to come down every Sunday night to have the stage clear for class by Monday morning.
* You may not use ACT as a storage place for your props and sets. The backstage area must be cleared for class by Monday morning.
* If you do not have a sound/light person available, ACT can recommend our own tech person. They are independent of ACT and payment arrangements must be made with them directly. If you hire your own light/sound person, that person must be knowledgeable of our sound and light board.
* Please be aware when renting our theatre that the City of West Hollywood prohibits any food or alcohol to be sold on the premises. Additionally, there shall be no gathering outside of the theatre where food and/or drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are served. This requires a special permit from the City of West Hollywood. If you plan to have any type of invitation-only night, or industry night and want to plan a social gathering before or after the performance, it must be cleared with ACT and the City of West Hollywood prior to such planned event.
* Additional requirements and information are available in the Rental Contract. Please contact the theatre for additional information